Clegg & Associates has provided facilitation, training, needs assessment, and system design services to local and regional government and a range of nonprofit housing providers. Our work spans strategy development, policy work, and evaluation projects.
Confronting a widespread problem
The challenges of providing affordable housing to the different at-risk populations confronts every area of the country. The necessity of providing additional supportive services for many populations compounds the difficulty of maintaining an adequate supply of this housing.
Clegg & Associates has assisted a large number of organizations and communities in improving their capacity to provide supported housing that enables people to attain improved stability. Our work has focused on designing improved housing/service systems for people with problems that make finding and keeping housing a challenge, including those with HIV/AIDS, mental health and/or substance abuse issues, and low incomes.
Strengths that lead to success
The characteristics that make our affordable housing work successful derive from a number of factors:
- The world of affordable housing can be complex and controversial – our role as skilled facilitator can bring people together to make progress in adding housing capacity
- The services necessary to help people remain in their housing are often poorly funded and organized – we understand how these service systems work and how to connect them to housing
- Training for housing staff is a key aspect of making supported housing successful – we are experts in designing and providing training that helps organizations work successfully with their tenants
We bring a particular set of strengths to the affordable housing field, including:
- An in-depth understanding of continuum of care planning and implementation approaches
- Extensive experience facilitating the design of supported housing systems for at-risk populations
- Familiarity with funding sources available to support different types of housing for multiple tenant populations